presentation question ideas
- why do you think i’m doing this?
- what visuals / sounds come to mind?
- what’s the difference in seeing this vs. spectrogram?
- what difference would it make if I used ml5 pitch detection and visualized the pitch?
- what do you think I learnt from doing this?
- how did it make you feel?
- why does pitch detection require machine learning? isn’t it just picking the frequency with highest amplitude?
- is there a way to input sound into browser mic?
- how are the bins related to the frequency? what is the minimum vs. maximum frequency the bins are representing? – it’s a lot less nuanced in the lower frequency sounds (really visible on (C5-B7))
- minimal tracks that are contrasting to three voices?
- how long do we have?
- how to store multiple elements in 1 array?
answer found – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTNpiLUSiB4&list=PLRqwX-V7Uu6ZmA-d3D0iFIvgrB5_7kB8H&index=15
- is this the correct way to initialize the index for an array?
let waveL = [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9];
- what makes something only able to run on local server?
- more functions
- new tracks, tushar’s project, mic
- hard to make one more sketch in one day without them being similar
- make it more like a ‘feeling’ supposed to the technical aspect of the track i.e. too influenced by the fft analysis – hard to be authentic to feeling when something is already defined as a measurable thing
- how to pick the right data to represent something
- fine-tuning – spend 20% of the time fine-tuning and capturing the nuances // like adding bias?
- note screen res: 1920:1080